"I began to grow up, I sprouted with the velocity of the mung beans we studied in Earth Science../ At night, my joints ached. I had trouble sleeping. I wrapped my legs in heating pads, smiling through the pain. Because along with my new height. something else was finally happening. Hair was beginning to appear in the required places." Pg 303
I can relate to this having gone through puberty.. wait did I even finish going through it yet? -Anyways back to the topic. I was the shortest kid in elementary school to the middle school and in the summer before 8th grade I remember growing like 4 inches before the start of the school year. Suddenly I was no longer the shortest kid. Yes, I was still short but no longer the shortest. Which was all that mattered for me. I didnt actually grow armpit hair until I would say maybe 11th or this year! To be quite honest I was not actually thrilled at this and was praying really hard to get my mothers genetics and not get any armpit hair at all. I also grew a bit more peach fuzz and some small strands of a "beard'. Its funny that I did not really welcome the hair changes as much as Cal did. I welcomed other changes such as my height and my development of some muscle.
No comments:
Post a Comment