Sunday, May 3, 2015

Current Event Blog post

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/60-years-christine-jorgensen-born-article-1.1211068

Dr. Christian Hamburger was the doctor that diagnosed Jorgensen as a transsexual. He also operated on Jorgensen  and she is the first transsexual. In 1952 when she was operated on her male genitalia was removed. I think it is interesting that even in 1950's there was someone that encouraged Jorgensen's woman characteristics according to the article such as "to wear women clothing."  It shows that not everyone was closed minded even back then as some of our classmates may think. We still have people against or who hate transsexuals just like back then but I think it is progressively getting better throughout the generation. That could also be because we live in NYC however, I am not sure how accepting people in other states or countries are and maybe they are even more welcoming or not at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment